Tip On How To Reduce Your Auto Insurance Costs
Auto insurance, utility bills, and home insurance are just a few of the many costs that homeowners have to pay. Trying to save money in any way possible is vital to many people, and when it comes to auto insurance, there are ways of reducing your annual coverage cost. Why would you pay more when there’s a chance of paying less? To contribute to reducing your car’s insurance premium, take heed of the tips below. If you can save money on your auto insurance, you’ll have some extra cash, which is always nice.
● Park your car inside your garage – If your home has a garage and is currently used for something other than storing your vehicle – clear it out! With many insurance companies, if you park your car inside of your garage, they will often lower your insurance premium. Cars parked in a garage are a lot safer than on the street or your driveway. They have a lower risk of being stolen, broken into, crashed into, or vandalized.
● Car security and safety equipment – When you buy a new car, it will most likely have safety features built into it. These added features can help to reduce your auto insurance cost as they are made to protect the driver and statistically, a car that benefits from these safety features is less likely to be stolen or involved in an accident. Built-in safety and security equipment include anti-lock brakes, airbags, cut-off engine systems, and anti-theft systems. Other safety features that can save you some money are daytime running lights and a traction control system – these are not features that are included in all cars.
● Take a safe driving course – If you are a new driver or a senior driver, a safe driving course could help significantly to reduce your auto insurance cost. If you can successfully pass this driving course, many insurance companies will give you a discount on your car’s insurance premium. You don’t have to be a teen or senior; any driver can benefit from taking a safe driving course.
● Shop around and compare auto insurance quotes – Even when you already have insurance, getting quotes from different insurance companies can be helpful. You can compare the insurance quotes against your existing auto insurance cost – you may find that you are paying a lot more than quotes from other insurance companies. You don’t have to stick to the same insurance company for several years, keep comparing insurance companies to find the best deals.
● Higher deductibles – Deductibles typically range from around $0 – $1500. If you set a higher deductible, you’ll most likely get a lower premium.
● Switch your driver – If you have more than one car, which person drives which car can make quite a difference in the insurance premium cost.
● Education discounts – Statistically, if you have a graduate or 4-year degree, you are less likely to be involved in an accident. With some insurance companies, if you have a college degree, it may entitle you to some discount. Those under the age of 25 and still in education could also benefit from some auto insurance discount if they are getting high grades.
from Ed Cuellar Insurance Agency http://edcuellar.com/2016/10/27/tip-on-how-to-reduce-your-auto-insurance-costs/